Sunday, October 8, 2017

Scrap Matrix and 7 Dots Mixed Media OTP by Rebecca Morris

Hi Everyone, 

I am here with you today to shared a little upcycled mixed media creation designed especially for Scrap Matrix.  

This month I was very fortunate enough to play with the Fortune Teller collection by 7 Dots Studio. This collection lends itself well to so many different crafting projects from cards, to OTP, through to layouts. It truly is a stunning collection. 



Let me take you through a few close up photos before we go through a mini step by step. 

The below photo here will show you that I have use a little Scrap Matrix zipper metal pull as my box opener. Always be thinking outside the box with different ways as to how you can be using those amazing Scrap Matrix metals!!. 



Although the rest of the box was framed in the blue paper, I decided to use a different paper for the spine, it makes for an interesting look. 


1) To create my project I began with a hard cardboard pencil case which I had stashed away in my craft cupboard. It had served its purpose for a little while but was just asking for a little upgrade. 

2) I cut up sheets from the 7 Dots Fortune Teller collection to cover the box edge and lid,  Fortune Teller  Fortune Teller 'Soul' lines the spine of the box. These were adhered to the box using Finnabair Art Basics Soft Gloss Gel. 

3) All edges have been inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in combination of Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo. 


1) Layered stickers and cut paper form the start of the background.

2) Rather than use two seperate charms I cut one in half and adhered it down with glossy accents.



Fussy cut butterfly from the 7 Dots Studio Fortune Teller collection  layered with chipboard butterfly from 13 Arts Studio.  All paper edges have also been inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. 


In pictures 1, 3 and 4 you will see more cut Scrap Matrix metal elements. All used to further embellish the box. 

3) Dots of Ranger Glossy Accents were randomly places all over the top of the box. When completely set I gently rubbed over them with Art Alchemy Metallic Wax in Vintage Gold. Edges and other soft touches of the box also received a small touch of wax too. 

Prior to adhering the box corners I lined the top and bottom edges of the box with German Scrap points (I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!, I have only fairly recently started using it, it is amazing). 



Again here you will see a Scrap Matrix metal which has been used in a different way. This one I cut in half and folded it, this then created two little box corner frames. I think they look super pretty. 

That is all from me this month, please if you have any questions at all pop on over to the Scrap Matrix Facebook shares group and I would be more than happy to help you. 


Scrap Matrix Products Used 

1 comment: